Adding a bright splash to the flower border, Agapanthus africanus 'Albus' is a white African Lily with eye-catching, rounded clusters of crisp white, trumpet-shaped flowers. They rise on stiff, upright stalks atop clumps of beautiful, evergreen, arching, glossy green, strap-like leaves. Their foliage mounds remain attractive when the plants are not in bloom.
- Bloom time is variable, depending on the local climate and water availability, but this plant usually blooms from mid to late summer.
- Easy to grow, pest and disease free, this African Lily is quite vigorous and grows up to 2-3 ft. high (60-90 cm) from fleshly-rooted rhizomes.
- Thrives in full sun in fertile, moist and well-drained soil. In a hot climate area, Agapanthus will do better in partial shade. Do not allow plants to dry out except when dormant. Bear in mind that most varieties will lean toward the sun, which makes a south facing border the best location.
- Spectacular when planted in great swathes, this Agapanthus fits most garden settings or mixed borders, makes a fantastic accent plant in containers and excellent cut flowers! A great choice for coastal areas as African Lilies cope well with windy and salty air.
- Deer and rabbit resistant, it attracts butterflies, bees and birds.