Regarded as one of the best fimbriated dahlias, Dahlia 'Tsuku Yori No Shisha' is particularly elegant with its profuse, creamy-white fringed flowers. The elegant flowers, up to 6-8 in. wide (15-20 cm), resemble sea anemones with their twisted petals split at their tip. They are not top-heavy and stand up, nice and straight, even when it rains. Blooming massively from July until frost, this dahlia grows up to 4 ft. tall (120 cm) and is an excellent choice to create a long-lasting garden display. Fabulous cut flowers too!
- Best flowering occurs in full sun, but light shade will be welcomed in hot summer areas.
- Provide consistent moisture during the growing season and do not allow soils dry out. Plant in a sheltered location to protect your dahlias from strong winds.
- Best in groups of 5 for best visual effect. Deadhead spent flowers to promote growth of additional flower buds.
- If you live in a cool area (hardiness zones 3-7) and you want to save your dahlia bulbs, or more precisely, your dahlia tubers for next spring, you may dig them up before the first frost and store them over winter before replanting them next spring. Store them in boxes, covered with moistened sand in a cool, dark, frost-free place where temperature remains between 45-50 °F (7-10°C).
- This Dahlia is a member of the Laciniated or fimbriated Dahlias, which present petals that are split at the end into two or more divisions, conveying an overall fringed or frilled effect. They make real eye-catchers!