Compact, mounding and strongly scented, Erysimum 'Apricot Twist' (or 'Apricot Delight') provides weeks of splendid blooms from mid spring through midsummer (if deadheaded). Brilliant, rich apricot four-petalled flowers, emerging from dark purple buds, are held in a dense raceme well above the attractive dark-green foliage that is evergreen in mild winter areas.
- Easy to grow, this plant is very versatile and can be used as an edging specimen, mixed with other spring flowering bulbs and other perennials in beds and borders, planted en masse or in containers and looks glorious when cascading from rock walls.
- Vigorous, this perennial plant reaches 12-16 in. in height (30-40 cm) and branches freely in a bushy and erect fashion. It spreads 10-14 in. wide (25-35 cm)
- It prefers sunny locations (but tolerates part shade, although it might succumb to leaf blight and downy mildew more easily) and enjoys poor to moderately fertile, alkaline, well-drained soils. Drought tolerant!
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds, but is ignored by deer!
- Seeds can be sown in spring but Wallflower plants can be planted in the garden in late fall.
- Despite being a perennial plant, it is often treated as a biennial plant or short-lived perennial. While it looks good and tidy in the first seasons, it tends to become leggy with age. Trimming lightly after flowering would prevent the plant from becoming leggy.