Ornithogalum nutans is an attractive bulbous perennial boasting one-sided racemes of up to 15 fragrant, nodding, bell-shaped, white flowers in mid to late spring. Each blossom consists of 6 tepals adorned with white edges and a green stripe on the outside. Very pretty, the flowers open up into a star shape and last well when picked. The narrow, strap-shaped bright green leaves feature a silver central vein. A striking cut flower and wonderful naturalizer.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Growing up to 12-16 inches (30-40 cm). Naturalizes well where happy and may spread rapidly.
- Thrives in moderately fertile, moist and well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade
- Great for beds and borders, wildflower meadows, underplanting of roses and shrubs, rock gardens or cottage gardens.
- Virtually disease and pest free. Deer and critter resistant.
- To be planted in fall. Propagate by seed, sown in autumn or spring, in containers in a cold frame or separate offsets when dormant
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort.
- Native to Bulgaria, Turkey