Award-winning Rudbeckia hirta 'Prairie Sun' is a guaranteed attraction in the garden with its unusually large daisy-like flowers, up to 5 in. wide (12 cm), featuring orange rays delicately yellow tipped and surrounding a light green center disk. This beautiful ensemble rises atop a sturdy, upright stem and clumps of bright green leaves.
- Blooming profusely from early summer to frost, this Rudbeckia provides weeks of eye-catching color!
- While a relatively new introduction, Prairie Sun has already won multiple awards, including the All-America Selections award (2003), Fleuroselect Gold Medal (2003)
- Ridiculously easy to grow and largely trouble free, this compact annual or biennial plant is a great candidate for mixed borders, cutting gardens, containers or as an accent plant when planted in mass.
- Growing in upright clumps up to 2-3 ft. tall (60-90 cm) and 1-2 ft. wide (30-60 cm), this Rudbeckia makes excellent cut flowers to enjoy indoors too!
- Thrives in full sun or partial shade with moderate soil moisture, yet will tolerate dry periods. Drought and salt tolerant!
- Deer, rabbit resistant, the flowers are attractive to pollinating insects, butterflies and birds.
- Remove and discard spent flowers to encourage extended blooming and prevent unwanted seedlings next season.
- Easily propagated by seed.