A real beauty for the border, Mountain Fleece (Persicaria amplexicaulis) is a vigorous, upright perennial enjoying an extremely long bloom season from early summer to fall. Semi-evergreen, this Himalayan native features abundant, cheerful red, pink, purple or white bottle-brush-like flower spikes, 4 in. long (10 cm), held on graceful wands atop bushy clumps of large, slightly puckered leaves.
- Typically growing 3-4 feet tall and wide (90-120 cm), Mountain Fleece thrives in average, medium to wet, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best flowering occurs in full sun, however light shade will be enjoyed in hot and humid summer areas.
- A welcomed addition to beds, borders, where Persicaria amplexicaulis provides long summer to fall bloom in the perennial border. Ideal candidate along ponds and streams or in meadows.
- Attracts birds and butterflies, but deer ignore it!
- All plant parts may cause skin irritation on contact and stomach upset if ingested.
- Trouble-free and easy care, many cultivars are available as an indication of the popularity of this perennial plant.