Noted for its unique habit, award-winning Acer japonicum 'Green Cascade' (Full Moon Maple) is a small mounded tree of graceful, weeping or pendulous habit. Emerging rich emerald green in spring, the palmate, finely-dissected, lacylike leaves are deeply cut into 9-11 lobes. In the fall, the foliage turns brilliant shades of yellow, orange and crimson. An exceptional landscape specimen tree.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society for its outstanding qualities
- Grows up to 7 ft. tall (210 cm) and 10 ft. wide (300 cm).
- A full sun or part shade lover, this plant is easily grown in moist, organically rich, slightly acidic, well-drained soils. Mulch helps retain soil moisture and keep roots cool. Best leaf color in partial shade. Although full sun is tolerated, leaves may scorch in full sun in hot southern summers.
- Perfect as a specimen plant in cottage gardens, city gardens .
- Low maintenance, this plant needs little pruning. If pruning is necessary, prune during the dormant season and avoid pruning in spring when the sap is running. Fertilize in spring before the leaves emerge.
- May be affected by horse chestnut scale, aphids, verticillium wilt.
- Propagate by grafting or softwood cuttings