Incredibly pretty, Narcissus 'Delnashaugh' produces fully double flowers, 4 in. across (10 cm), with rounded creamy white petals surrounding a center packed with short, ruffled apricot-pink segments. Borne on sturdy stems, the ravishing flowers, one or multiple per stem, appear in mid or late spring. This Daffodil makes a beautiful cut flower.
- Grows up to 16-18 in. tall (40-45 cm)
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or part shade. Keep the soil moist during the growing season, but reduce watering after foliage begins to die back. Since periods with a lot of wind or wet weather can cause their flower stems to break, plant these narcissi in sheltered locations.
- These Daffodils are welcomed additions to beds, borders, containers, around shrubs, under deciduous trees. Provide spectacular drifts of color when planted en masse or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 6 bulbs). Excellent as cut flowers and can be grown in indoor pots! In contrast to other narcissi, double narcissi should not be cut until they are entirely open.
- Deer and rabbit resistant!
- To be planted in fall
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort. Can also be a skin irritant.
- Double Narcissus group includes sweetly fragrant, mid-sized daffodils resembling peonies or carnations more than classic daffodils with their packed rows of petals and all their frills. This group includes either daffodils with a doubled trumpet or daffodils with a double row of petals or even both.