Agapanthus 'Fireworks' is a compact African Lily boasting huge umbels densely packed with delicate trumpet flowers which change from dark, violet blue at the throat to pure white on the petal edges. They sit atop slender stalks that arise from a neat clump of strap-shaped, fresh green leaves. This exquisite dwarf Agapanthus is very suitable for perennial borders or container planting on the balcony, terrace or patio.
- Bloom time is variable, depending on the local climate and water availability, but this plant usually blooms from mid to late summer.
- Easy to grow, pest and disease free, this African Lily grows from fleshly-rooted rhizomes up to 2 ft. high (60 cm) and 20 in. wide (50 cm).
- Thrives in full sun in fertile, moist and well-drained soil. In a hot climate area, Agapanthus will do better in partial shade. Do not allow plants to dry out except when dormant. Bear in mind that most varieties will lean toward the sun, which makes a south facing border the best location.
- Spectacular when planted in great swathes, this Agapanthus fits most garden settings or mixed borders, makes a fantastic accent plant in containers and excellent cut flowers! A great choice for coastal areas as African Lilies cope well with windy and salty air.
- Deer and rabbit resistant, it attracts butterflies, bees and birds.