Award-winning Anemone blanda 'Blue Shade' is a very attractive tuberous perennial that provides drifts of bright colors in early to late spring. Lovely mounds of large daisy-like flowers, about 2 inches wide (5cm), show off in shades of lilac-purple over a finely cut fernlike foliage and spread out to form a carpet of flowers - all to the great pleasure of the onlooker!
- Winter hardy, this low-growing perennial bedding plant, only 4-6 inches tall (10-15 cm), does well within hardiness zones 4 to 8.
- Extremely popular due to its early and massive flowering and ability to naturalize easily.
- Should be planted in fall, ideally in partial shade areas, and in a moist soil. Will also grow in full sun provided the soil remains moist.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Forming a lovely, colorful mat, especially under or around woody trees and shrubs which are still bare during the time of the anemones' flowering period. Anemones are actually a must for spots among perennials. Plant them preferably in groups of at least 20.
- Great choice for woodland paths, rock gardens, beds by setting them in front of taller plants, or containers. Deer and rabbit resistant!
- Anemone blanda goes dormant after flowering.