Standing out, award-winning Tulip 'Spring Green' is truly an unusual tulip with its amazing ivory-white flowers and soft green feathering. Sturdy and reliable, its overall flower shape is cupped to about 3 inches across (7 cm). Blooming in late spring, this spectacular member of the Viridiflora Tulips group enjoys long-lasting blooms (3 weeks!) and will look ravishing in a vase!
- Growing up to 14 inches tall (35 cm), this beauty will create dazzling harmonies with other late season flowering bulbs.
- Awarded the prestigious Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society
- Performs best in full sun in rich, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Prefers areas with cool winters and warm dry summers.
- Easy to grow, this tulip is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, containers. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 10 to 15 bulbs) or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. Excellent as cut flowers!
- To be planted in fall.
- Eating may cause severe discomfort and may cause a skin allergy.
A symbol of spring, tulips are the most popular spring bulbs and most gardeners reserve them a spot in the garden or in containers. Grown for their attractive, vibrantly colored flowers, there are currently over 3,000 registered varieties, which are divided into fifteen groups, mostly based on the flower type, size and blooming period of the tulip.
At this time, Viridiflora Tulips form the least significant of the tulip groups. Many gardeners looking for unusual plants, however, quickly find what they want in this group. What makes these tulips so fascinating is that their petal color includes green, in stripes or flames on the back of the petals. Another of Viridiflora's assets is that its flowers remain beautiful a long time - a good three weeks. They work well as cut flowers and reach 16-20 in. (40-50 cm) in late spring.