Bred for hot, sunny environments, Licorice Plant (Helichrysum petiolare) will blow you away with its amazingly soft, densely-felted foliage which brings interest to the border as well as a slight licorice fragrance!
- Mostly grown for its exceptionally beautiful foliage, this tender perennial is drought tolerant and requires low maintenance and low watering.
- Thriving in full sun, in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils. Poor soils are tolerated but excellent drainage is required to grow successfully this plant!
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society (1993), this plant grows up to 1-2 feet tall (30-60 cm) and spreads as much as 3-4 feet across (90-120 cm) on upright to trailing stems, densely clad with round, plush, velvety silver leaves. Blooms consist of tiny white flowers that are insignificant.
- Hardy to zones 9 to 11, Licorice Plant is evergreen and keeps its silvery foliage in warm winter climates.
- Fabulous for hanging baskets, containers, edging or softening hard corners, underplanting roses or shrubs or mixed with other perennials in beds and borders. Perfect for rock gardens too!
- Deer resistant
- Pinch and snip off wayward stems as needed.