Rich of a strong vanilla scent, multiple award-winning Narcissus 'Carlton' is an exquisite, solid golden-yellow daffodil featuring very large flowers, 5 in. across (12 cm), adorned with wide, gracefully frilled cups and broad, overlapping petals. Blooming in mid spring, this highly popular Large-Cupped Daffodil is a strong performer of immense vigor, and one of the best perennializers. It is famously reliable for large scale plantings.
- Rising up to 18-20 in. tall (45-50 cm), this Daffodil naturalizes well and comes back year after year.
- This perennial bulb is a recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or part shade. Keep the soil moist during the growing season, but reduce watering after foliage begins to die back.
- This Daffodil is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, around shrubs, under deciduous trees or in naturalized areas. Provides spectacular drifts of color when planted en masse or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 6 bulbs).
- Deer and rabbit resistant!
- To be planted in fall
- Propagate by removing offsets as the leaves fade in early summer
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort. Can also be a skin irritant.
- Large-Cupped Narcissus group includes daffodils bearing solitary flowers whose corona length is more than one third but less than equal to the length of the perianth segments. This is perhaps the most popular of all daffodil divisions.