Noted for its compact stature, Verbena bonariensis 'Lollipop' is a free-flowering, dwarf Vervain cultivar with dense clusters of small, lavender to violet flowers over a long season. Blooming for weeks from early summer until frost, the attractive blossoms are borne at the tip of slender stems, clad with dark green toothed leaves. A superior nectar plant, hummingbirds and butterflies love it, and so will you! Perfect choice for sunny borders or containers. Excellent cut flowers for both fresh and dried arrangements.
- Grows with a bushy, rounded habit to 24 in. tall and wide (60 cm)
- It grows best in full sun or light shade in average, moist and well-drained soils. Drought, heat and humidity tolerant.
- Deer and rabbit resistant.
- This tender perennial is hardy in zones 7 but can be grown as an annual in cooler areas.
- Great in mass plantings, beds and borders, containers or as cut flowers for both fresh and dried arrangements.
- Cut down in spring as new growth emerges from the base; deadhead after flowering if seed is not required
- Propagate by softwood cuttings or let it self-seed