A fabulous variety of Culver's Root, Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination' displays eye-catching branching spires of light violet-blue flowers from mid summer to early fall. With a candelabra look, these graceful inflorescences are nicely complemented by lanceolate, dark-green leaves that are arranged in whorls around the stem. Tough, long-lasting, this Veronicastrum is perfect for adding interesting vertical lines in the garden. Superb with Monardas or Heleniums.
- Growing up to 4-5 ft. high (120-150 cm) and 2 ft. wide (60 cm), Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination' is an upright flowering perennial which always provides drama in the garden and is quite effective at the back of the perennial border or in a mixed shrub borders. Perfect as an accent plant, it is also a great candidate for naturalistic plantings, prairie plantings, cottage gardens or wild gardens.
- Performs best in full sun or part shade, in average, medium to wet, well-drained soils. Tends to flop and require support if planted in too much shade. Do not let the soil dry out!
- Easy to grow, it requires very low care and is disease-free!
- Deer resistant, it attracts scores of butterflies and is highly prized for its cut flowers
- Simply deadhead to extend bloom and cut back after flowering to basal growth to promote new foliage growth and potential re-bloom later in the season.
- Long-lived, it may take a few years to establish in a new location