An elegant variety of Culver's Root, Veronicastrum virginicum 'Lavendelturm' displays eye-catching branching spires of pale lavender flowers that seem to glow from mid summer to early fall. With a candelabra look, these graceful inflorescences are nicely complemented by lanceolate, dark-green leaves that are arranged in whorls around the stem. Tough, long-lasting, this Veronicastrum is perfect for adding interesting vertical lines and late summer color in the garden. Superb with Monardas or Heleniums.
- Growing up to 5-6 ft. high (120-150 cm) and 2 ft. wide (60 cm), Veronicastrum virginicum 'Lavendelturm ' is an upright flowering perennial which always provides drama in the garden and is quite effective at the back of the perennial border or in a mixed shrub borders. Perfect as an accent plant, it is also a great candidate for naturalistic plantings, prairie plantings, cottage gardens or wild gardens.
- Performs best in full sun or part shade, in average, medium to wet, well-drained soils. Tends to flop and require support if planted in too much shade. Do not let the soil dry out!
- Easy to grow, it requires very low care and is disease-free!
- Deer resistant, it attracts scores of butterflies and is highly prized for its cut flowers
- Simply deadhead to extend bloom and cut back after flowering to basal growth to promote new foliage growth and potential re-bloom later in the season.
- Long-lived, it may take a few years to establish in a new location