Elegant, Zantedeschia albomaculata (Calla Lily) boasts magnificent, ivory white, chalice-shaped flowers (spathes) adorned with a yellow finger (spadix) in their centers. It bears, semi-erect, broad, wavy, mid-green leaves flecked with small white spots. On display for weeks in the garden or patio from midsummer to early fall.
- Rising elegantly on sturdy stems, up to 12-18 in. (30-45 cm).
- Spectacular effect when planted in drifts through the border or near ponds. Great for containers and exceptional as cut flowers!
- Performs best in full sun to partial shade in moist and well-drained soil.
- Deer and rabbit resistant.
- All parts may cause severe discomfort if ingested. The sap may irritate skin and eyes.
Native to South Africa, Calla Lilies deserve a spot in the garden or at home. Whether used in borders, containers or as cut flowers, they always provide a spectacular effect with their rich, cheerful colors and their breathtaking trumpet-shaped flowers (spathe) surrounding a yellow finger-like stalk (spadix). And they are so easy to grow! With very little work needed, they will burst into bloom and add bright notes of summer color to the garden, or to your pots inside your home.