Award-winner Allium 'Ambassador' is one of the tallest and most architectural onions with its large globe-shaped inflorescence, 8 in. across (20 cm), densely packed with hundreds of small, star-shaped purple flowers. Blooming for up to 5 weeks in late spring to early summer, this spectacular Allium enjoys one of the longest blooming season. It remains ornamental in the garden well into summer.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society
- Growing up to 4 feet high ( 120 cm), this beauty naturalizes easily and will come back year after year!
- Easily grown in rich, sandy to gritty, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Drought tolerant.
- Attracts butterflies, but deer ignore it!
- Stunning in beds, borders, cottage gardens. Spectacular in large sweeping drifts. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 10 to 15 bulbs). Excellent as cut flowers for both fresh and dried arrangements!
- Mixes beautifully with other late spring flowering bulbs and creates stunning combinations with pink or white Delphiniums, Peonies or Irises.
- To be planted in fall.