Sweetly fragrant, multiple award-winner Narcissus 'Ice Follies' produces large flowers, 4 in. across (9.5 cm), adorned with creamy-white petals and a flared, frilled, lemon-yellow cup that fades to pale cream over time. Blooming in early - mid spring, this fast growing and popular Large-Cupped Daffodil is a wonderful naturalizer as well as a good forcer. A heavy bloomer and vigorous grower, it makes excellent cut flowers too!
- Rising up to 18-20 in. tall (45-50 cm), this Daffodil naturalizes well and will come back year after year.
- This perennial bulb is a recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society and Wister Award of the American Daffodil Society.
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or part shade. Keep the soil moist during the growing season, but reduce watering after foliage begins to die back.
- This Daffodil is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, around shrubs, under deciduous trees or in naturalized areas. Provides spectacular drifts of color when planted en masse or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 6 bulbs).
- Deer and rabbit resistant!
- To be planted in fall
- Propagate by removing offsets as the leaves fade in early summer
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort. Can also be a skin irritant.
- Large-Cupped Narcissus group includes daffodils bearing solitary flowers whose corona length is more than one third but less than equal to the length of the perianth segments. This is perhaps the most popular of all daffodil divisions.