Reminiscent of swirling eddies of water, Allium senescens 'Blue Eddy' is a bulbous perennial forming a very compact clump of elegantly swirling, blue-gray to gray-green leaves. In late summer to early fall, profuse, rounded umbels, 1.5 in. across (4 cm), tightly packed with pale lilac pink flowers are borne atop leafless stems just above the attractive foliage. The flowers are both long lasting and excellent as cut flowers. A charming addition to the rock or herb gardens.
- Grows up to 8-12 in. tall and wide (20-30 cm).
- Thrives in fertile, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Drought tolerant.
- Lovely in beds and borders, cottage gardens, rock gardens and containers. To achieve an impressive visual effect, plant in clusters.
- Attracts butterflies, but deer ignore it!
- Generally pest and disease free.
- Cut back after flowering or merely remove dead flowerheads.