A very attractive variegated Lily of the Nile, Agapanthus 'Silver Moon' enlivens the summer garden with its brightly stripped silvery-white, strap-shaped leaves. It is topped in summer with abundant rounded clusters of trumpet-shaped, lavender-blue flowers, which rise with majesty on stiff, upright stalks. Enjoying a nice compact habit, this dwarf Agapanthus is ideal for small gardens or containers!
- Bloom time is variable, depending on the local climate and water availability, but this plant usually blooms from mid to late summer.
- Easy to grow, pest and disease free, this African Lily is quite vigorous and grows up to 18-24 in. high (45-60 cm) from fleshly-rooted rhizomes.
- Thrives in full sun in fertile, moist and well-drained soil. In a hot climate area, Agapanthus will do better in partial shade. Do not allow plants to dry out except when dormant. Bear in mind that most varieties will lean toward the sun, which makes a south facing border the best location.
- Spectacular when planted in great swathes, this Agapanthus fits most garden settings or mixed borders, makes a fantastic accent plant in containers and excellent cut flowers! A great choice for coastal areas as African Lilies cope well with windy and salty air.
- Deer and rabbit resistant, it attracts butterflies, bees and birds.