Award-winning Tulip 'Ivory Floradale' is an enchanting tulip, esteemed for its huge ivory-yellow flowers, slightly spotted carmine red. A lovely way to enliven your beds or borders! Blooming in mid spring, this acclaimed member of the Darwin Hybrid Group enjoys a sturdy, long stem that will withstand wind and rain!
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Growing up to 20-24 inches tall (50-60 cm), this tulip naturalizes easily and will come back year after year to our delight! It creates dazzling harmonies with other mid season flowering bulbs.
- Performs best in full sun in rich, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Prefers areas with cool winters and warm dry summers.
- Easy to grow, this tulip is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, containers. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 10 to 15 bulbs) or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. Excellent as cut flowers!
- To be planted in fall.
- Eating may cause severe discomfort and may cause a skin allergy.
A symbol of spring, tulips are the most popular spring bulbs and most gardeners reserve them a spot in the garden or in containers. Grown for their attractive, vibrantly colored flowers, there are currently over 3,000 registered varieties, which are divided into fifteen groups, mostly based on the flower type, size and blooming period of the tulip.
The Darwin Hybrid Tulips are noted for their flower size and sturdy, long stems. Due to these qualities, these tulips have really made a name for themselves as cut flowers, and are cultivated extensively for this purpose. Their egg-shaped, single blooms, up to 3 in. wide (8 cm), are available in a wide range of colors including orange, red, yellow and pink varieties as well as varieties with differently colored speckles and stripes on their petals. Among the best for naturalizing, these tulips provide blooms up to 5 years and rise up to 20-28 in. tall (50-70 cm) in mid-late spring.