Lychnis flos-cuculi 'Petite Jenny' (Ragged Robin) is a compact, tufted perennial with exquisite clusters of double, soft lavender-pink flowers born on upright, slender, leafy stems. The fluffy blooms rise with airiness above the foliage of oblong, dark green leaves. Blooming over an exceptionally long season extending from late spring to fall, this double-flowered little beauty is an offspring of the popular Lychnis 'Jenny' introduced by Blooms of Bressingham. It enjoys a longer blooming period because its flowers are sterile.
- Easy care, this dwarf Ragged Robin grows in bushy clumps up to 14-16 in. tall (35-40 cm) and 18 in. wide (45 cm).
- Thrives in full sun or partial shade in moist, moderately fertile, well-drained soils. Wet soil tolerance.
- Showy and vigorous, this herbaceous perennial is a perfect choice for beds and borders, cottage gardens, rock gardens, near ponds and streams or in containers. It looks terrific when massed with short grasses and sedges.
- The delicate flowers are attractive to butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, but are ignored by hungry deer.
- Reblooms reliably if deadheaded.
- Generally pest and disease free.