Agastache rupestris features sweetly fragrant, tubular salmon-orange flowers with purplish calyxes all summer. Eye-popping, it provides an outstanding garden performance and adds color as well as a lovely spiky texture to the garden. Hummingbirds will thank you for it.
- On display from early to late summer, it forms upright clumps of slender, branched, and wiry stems that can reach 18-30 in. tall (45-75 cm) and adds lovely vertical lines to the landscape.
- Provides a bold and striking impact in beds, borders, cottage gardens, herb gardens, butterfly gardens or in prairie plantings. Ideal for naturalistic planting schemes.
- Best grown in full sun, in average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Tolerates almost any soils, including dry, poor soils. Dislikes damp conditions and needs excellent drainage!
- Attracts streams of hummingbirds, butterflies and other beneficial pollinators.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- Generally disease and pest free (might occasionally be subject to powdery mildew) and resistant to deer and rabbits.
- Cut back in late summer to promote a fall rebloom.