Muscari aucheri 'Ocean Magic' is a lovely grape hyacinth evoking the colors of the ocean with its dark blue flower base softly fading to white caps like sea foam atop the waves. Like most Muscaris, it exudes a lovely fragrance. The more you plant, the more fragrance you get!
- Blooming for several weeks in mid-late spring, this beauty looks amazing when mixed with any other flowering bulbs.
- Rising up to 6-8 inches tall (15-20 cm), this Grape Hyacinth will naturalize well, without taking over like some other muscaris.
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or part shade. Keep the soil moist during the growing season, but reduce watering after foliage begins to die back.
- This Grape Hyacinth is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, containers, rock gardens, around shrubs or under deciduous trees. Provides spectacular drifts of color when planted en masse. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 25 bulbs).
- Deer and rabbit resistant!