Delightfully fragrant and free flowering, Muscari macrocarpum 'Golden Fragrance' is a yellow-flowered variety of Grape Hyacinth with conical racemes of densely packed, tubular flowers, opening a dusky purple to greenish-violet and eventually turning yellow. Native to Greece, this variety is highly popular as a container plant and forces easily for winter bloom. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its fabulous perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. The more you plant, the more fragrance you get!
- Blooming for several weeks in mid - late spring, this beauty looks amazing when mixed with any other flowering bulbs.
- Rising up to 4-5 inches tall (10-12 cm), this Grape Hyacinth will naturalize by self-seeding in favorable conditions.
- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or part shade. Keep the soil moist during the growing season, but reduce watering after foliage begins to die back.
- This Grape Hyacinth is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, containers, rock gardens, around shrubs or under deciduous trees. Spectacular drifts of color when planted en masse. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 25 bulbs).
- Deer and rabbit resistant!