Bred by David Austin, English Rose 'Crown Princess Margareta' produces large clusters of strongly fruity scented, many-petaled flowers, whose color invariably draws attention. It displays a simply exquisite apricot-orange color, slowly fading to yellow as the rosettes mature.
- Blooming in flushes from late spring until frost, this is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Grows up to 5 feet tall (150 cm) and spreads 4.5 feet wide (135 cm). This tall, slightly arching shrub is ideal as a short climber or for the back of the border, where in both cases, it makes a striking statement. Spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of salvia, nepeta or lavender. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers.
- Best grown in full sun or partial shade, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- Excellent resistance to disease.
- This lovely rose was named after the Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden who was Queen Victoria's granddaughter and an accomplished landscape gardener
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.