One of the most popular and recognizable English Roses ever! Bred by David Austin, 'Graham Thomas' enjoys a truly unique color with its clusters of round red and yellow buds opening to shallow-cupped rich, pure yellow flowers with golden overtones. Incredibly scented with a fresh, fruity Tea Rose perfume!
Voted the World's Favorite Rose by 41 rose societies in 2009, it won many other prestigious awards such as the Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society in 1993 or the James Mason Award from the RNRS in 2000.
- Reliable and easy to grow, this rose blooms in flushes from late spring until frost and is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Vigorously growing in an upright bushy shrub, 5 ft tall (150 cm) or 10-12 ft as a climbing rose (300-360 cm) and spreads 4 ft (120 cm). Effective as a flowering hedge or as an accent plant, it looks spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of Campanula, Nepeta or Lavender.
- Best grown in full sun or partial shade in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils. Tolerates some shade and loves summer heat!
- While yellow roses are more prone to black spot, 'Graham Thomas' enjoys an excellent resistance to diseases.
- Stop deadheading in the fall to enjoy a beautiful crop of large, golden hips in winter
- Introduced in 1983, this rose has been named after the leading British horticulturists, garden designer and writer, Graham Stuart Thomas.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.