Lonicera 'Mandarin' (Honeysuckle) is a twining deciduous vine with large whorls of brilliant flowers, bright mandarin orange on the outside and yellow-orange inside. Produced profusely in early summer, they continue blooming intermittently until fall. Emerging a striking copper-purple color, the foliage of oval leaves matures to glossy, dark green. Vigorous but non-invasive, this honeysuckle is a fast grower and will quickly add charm to your arbors, fences or pergolas.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 15-20 ft. tall (4-6 m) and 4-6 ft. wide (120-180 cm). May be grown as a twining vine or pruned back to form a dense shrub.
- A full sun to part shade lover, this plant is best grown in fertile, humus-rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Tolerates full sun but is less prone to aphids and mildew in semi-shade.
- Excellent choice for covering walls, fences, trellises, pergolas
- Low maintenance, this plant is deer resistant and generally pest and disease free. Watch for aphids and powdery mildew.
- Prune as needed to keep the plant tidy and confined within its area.
- Propagate by layering or take hardwood cuttings in the fall