A superb white-flowering perennial, Salvia x sylvestris 'Snow Hill' or 'Schneehugel' features vertical, tightly packed flower spikes of pure white flowers, appearing in early summer and lasting throughout the summer. If deadheaded, it may even produce a second flush that often lasts well into fall. Perfect for enlivening and brightening any garden setting.
- Reliable, this erect, compact herbaceous perennial grows in bushy clumps of light green, aromatic foliage, up to 20 in. high (50 cm) and 12-18 in. wide (30-45 cm).
- This superb cultivar is really an interesting plant that makes an attractive accent in perennial borders, butterfly gardens or cottage gardens. Combines beautifully with yellow Achillea (Yarrow), daylilies or interspersed with roses. Very useful and adaptable in the garden, it is trouble-free and easy to grow.
- Enjoys full sun (light shade is tolerated) in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils. Sandy or gravelly soils with good drainage are preferred!
- Drought tolerant and deer resistant, it is a real magnet for butterflies, hummingbirds and bees!
- Remove spent flower spikes to promote further blooms and cut back after flowering is over.