An excellent blue Sage, Salvia x sylvestris 'Blue Hill' or 'Blauhugel' forms eye-catching, compact, bushy clumps that are covered with stunning spikes of rich violet-blue flowers, appearing in early summer and lasting throughout the summer.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- This superb cultivar is really an interesting plant that makes an attractive accent in perennial borders, butterfly gardens, cottage gardens. Combines beautifully with yellow Achillea (Yarrow), daylilies or interspersed with roses. Very useful and adaptable in the garden, it is trouble-free and easy to grow.
- Reliable, this erect, bushy herbaceous perennial grows in round clumps of mid green, aromatic foliage, up to 18-24 in. high and wide (45-60 cm).
- Enjoys full sun (light shade is tolerated) in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils. Sandy or gravelly soils with good drainage are preferred!
- Drought tolerant and deer resistant, it is a real magnet for butterflies, hummingbirds and bees!
- Remove spent flower spikes to promote further blooms and cut back after flowering is over.