If you are looking for abundant blooms in shades of magenta for weeks of summer color, Achillea millefolium 'Cerise Queen' is what you need. This eye-catching Yarrow features masses of long-lasting clusters of bright cherry-pink flowers with white centers. They rise elegantly atop a pleasantly aromatic, semi-evergreen, mid green fern-like foliage that nicely compliments the cheerful flat umbel flowers.
- Blooms for weeks from early to late summer, this eye-catching beauty easily enlivens any sunny corner of the garden.
- Easy care, drought, heat, humidity, deer and rabbit tolerant, this Achillea is a perennial that is rich in many qualities aside from its good looks!
- Grows up to 2 ft. tall (60 cm) with a similar spread, in sturdy, upright clumps.
- Thrives in full sun in average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Light shade is tolerated, but best coloring and flowering is obtained in full sun. Dry soils are also tolerated. Avoid rich, moist soils which would cause your Yarrow to get floppy or leggy. Good drainage is essential.
- Vital ingredient of herbaceous borders, cottage gardens, rock gardens, coastal garden, meadows or prairies. This Yarrow is also valued for the excellent quality of its cut flowers, whether in bouquets or dried floral arrangements.
- Yarrows are a must if you are trying to attract butterflies!
- Deadheading will extend the bloom season and prevent your yarrow from spreading by seed. Cutting back after initial flowering will promote a rebloom. This plant self seeds actively and can naturalize quickly if not monitored.
Achillea, commonly known as Yarrow, belongs to the Asteraceae family, which also includes asters, chrysanthemums, and sunflowers. The genus was named after Achilles, hero of the Trojan Wars in Greek mythology, who used the plant to stop the bleeding and heal the wounds of his soldiers. Achillea millefolium (Common Yarrow) is native to most of Europe and temperate parts of western Asia. Brightening the garden throughout the summer, this perennial plant is versatile, easy to propagate and available in a wide range of sizes and colors.