A fabulous serrata Hydrangea, 'Preziosa' is a compact deciduous shrub with small, rounded clusters, up to 4 in. across (10 cm), densely packed with sterile florets constantly changing color. Opening pale green, they quickly change to yellow, then cream and finally white, before turning pink, cherry red and finally wine-red. These color changes occur regardless of the soil pH and can be obtained in most gardens. Blooming from mid summer to early fall, the profuse blossoms appear on a compact, bushy plant, adorned with serrate leaves which emerge purple-tinted, mature to green and turn deep red in fall. 'Preziosa' is happy in sun or shade and is a perfect choice for the shrub border and containers.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society for its noteworthy qualities
- This deciduous shrub enjoys a round, bushy habit, typically growing up to 3-5 ft. wide (90-150 cm)
- A sun to part shade lover, it is best grown in rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils.
- No serious pest or disease issues. Watch for bud blight, bacterial wilt, leaf spot and mildew.
- Perfect from foundation plantings to container plantings.
- Remove spent flowers to promote new blooms.
- This beautiful deciduous shrub should be pruned after flowering by cutting back the stems to a pair of healthy buds. Prune out weak or winter-damaged stems in early spring.