Voted the World's Favorite Rose by the World Federation of Rose Societies in 2006, Rosa 'Eden', also known as Rosa 'Pierre De Ronsard', has already charmed several millions of gardeners worldwide. Its abundant, old-fashioned cup-shaped blossoms are huge (4 in. wide or 10 cm) and heavy of their 70 petals. Opening from light green buds and developing into creamy white then a delicate light pink color shaded with carmine pink, this climbing and shrub rose-tree is probably one of the most beautiful romantic roses ever created. Blooming from late spring to late summer over a glossy, dark green foliage, it is heat tolerant. Moderately fragrant, this strong climber is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Inducted into the Hall of Fame of the World Federation of Rose Societies in 2006.
- Vigorously growing up to 6 - 10 feet tall (180 - 300 cm), this large-flowered climber is ideal as free-blooming climber for walls, arbors, fences or other garden structures. It may also be grown as a freestanding shrub.
- Reliable and easy to grow, this deciduous rose enjoys an excellent resistance to diseases.
- Best grown in full sun to part shade, in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. It should be noted that both best disease resistance and flowering are achieved in full sun. Provide good air circulation to encourage growth and prevent diseases and do not forget to add summer mulch to retain moisture!
- This rose has been named after the great French poet, Pierre de Ronsard, a name full of meaning in France. Since this was not the case in foreign countries, its name was changed to 'Eden Rose', 'Eden Climber' to convey the idea of paradise created by the exceptional beauty of this rose.