Deliciously scented, Lonicera periclymenum 'Scentsation' (Dutch Honeysuckle) is a vigorous, deciduous vine with masses of exceptionally fragrant, creamy-white to yellow flowers. Produced in succession from early to late summer, the blossoms give way to small, bright red berries. This floriferous honeysuckle enjoys a foliage of oval, dark green leaves. Not invasive like some other honeysuckles, this hardy climber is a wonderful addition to summer gardens, especially when trained up a trellis or fence. The glorious scent is strongest at night, so plant it near a house window where the heady perfume will drift in on warm evenings.
- Grows up to 8-10 ft. tall (240-300 cm) and 5-6 ft. wide (150-180 cm)
- A part shade lover, this plant is best grown in average, moist, well-drained soils. Tolerates full sun. Adapts to a wide range of soils, including clay soil, dry soil, but prefers moist, loamy soils.
- Excellent choice for covering walls, fences, trellises, pergolas or trees.
- Low maintenance, this plant is deer resistant and generally pest and disease free.
- Minimal pruning is required. Prune after flowering.
- Propagate by layering, hardwood cuttings or semi-hardwood cuttings