A repeat-flowering climber with a strong upright habit and an excellent disease resistance, award-winning Rosa 'Compassion' is a superb hybrid tea rose which produces abundant clusters of fragrant, fully double, salmon pink flowers delicately tinged with apricot. The large blossoms, 4 in. wide (10 cm), count over 40 petals and exude a very strong fragrance. They are perfectly displayed against the healthy, glossy, dark green foliage and make an impressive display. Very free flowering, bushy, well-branched, 'Compassion' is quite versatile and can be grown as a shrub, although it is most effective when trained as a climber. An ideal background for its summer-long floral display!
- Blooming in flushes from late spring to late summer, this Rose is a good repeat bloomer.
- Grows up to 5-15 feet tall (150-455 cm) and spreads 5-8 ft. (150-240 cm). An excellent choice for beds and borders. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers. Ideal as free-blooming climber for walls, arbors, fences or other garden structures.
- Highly popular, this lovely Rose won many prestigious awards, including the Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Best grown in full sun, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- Very disease resistant
- Bred by Harkness in 1972.