Combining grace and reliability, award-winning Geranium 'Brookside' is a very desirable border plant which provides long-lasting color in the garden. It forms dense mounds of deeply cut, lacy, dark green leaves, topped from late spring to fall with profuse and very attractive, violet-blue blossoms, 1.5 in. wide (4 cm), with fine reddish veins and white throats. Cut it back and you will get a second round of blooms in late summer to fall, just when the handsome foliage turns stunning shades of red. Geranium 'Brookside' is a hybrid of Geranium Clarkei and Geranium Pratense.
- Won the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society (2004)
- Clump-forming and vigorous, this deciduous perennial reaches 18-24 in. in height (45-60 cm) and spreads up to 24-36 in. (60-90 cm). This sturdy performer is not only easy to grow, but it also requires very little maintenance
- Performs best in full sun or part shade, in fertile, well-drained soils. Drought tolerant, once established, it is attractive to butterflies but deer & rabbit resistant.
- A perfect border plant, it is a spectacular addition to beds, borders, cottage gardens, underplanting roses and shrubs and is an excellent choice as a groundcover.
- Fairly pest and disease free