Showing off its large, intense, dark blue bracts from summer to fall, Annual Sage 'Blue' (Salvia horminum or Salvia viridis) is among the most rewarding plants in the summer garden.
- Grows vigorously in multi-branched clumps, up to 2 ft. tall (60 cm) and 1 ft. wide (30 cm)
- Thrives in full sun to light shade in humus rich, well-drained soils.
- Prized by gardeners for its spectacular display, it provides a welcomed vertical accent to beds, borders as well as containers.
- Highly popular for its long-lasting flowers that make excellent cut flowers and compliment any dried arrangements. Perfect for the cutting garden!
- Easy to grow, low maintenance, relatively pest and disease free, attracts butterflies and hummingbirds and blends nicely with any other annuals or perennials for the best effect!
- Tends to be ignored by deer and rabbits.
- May be grown from seeds, starting indoors 10 weeks prior to the last spring frost date.
- Deadhead to encourage new blooms, but let some reseed.