Noted for its petite size, Rudbeckia fulgida 'Viette's Little Suzy' is a compact, clump-forming perennial boasting masses of bright yellow flowers adorned with a dark brown center from midsummer through early fall. Free-blooming, this dwarf Rudbeckia is a terrific and prolific performer that is ideal for the front of the border and perfect for containers. Makes excellent and long-lasting fresh cut flowers.
- Grows up to 12-18 in. tall (30-45 cm) and 9-12 in. wide (22-30 cm). Will slowly spread in the garden by rhizomes.
- Thrives in full sun or partial shade in moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soils. Best flower production occurs in full sun, although this plant will tolerate some light shade.
- Spectacular when massed in drifts, this is an excellent choice for perennial borders, cottage gardens or for naturalizing meadows.
- Extremely easy to grow, Rudbeckia plays well with other hot colored perennials or with the cool blues and purples of geraniums and asters.
- Robust, low maintenance and highly disease resistant, it is also drought tolerant.
- Attractive to butterflies, it is deer and rabbit resistant.
- Remove spent flowers to promote further blooms and maintain a neat appearance.