Dianthus 'Laced Monarch' (Dianthus plumarius) is a very charming modern Border Pink with double purple-pink blooms richly laced with burgundy. Elegantly rising atop a compact cushion of evergreen, gray-green foliage, the delicately fragrant blossoms are enthusiastically produced in succession from late spring to late summer, making 'Laced Monach' an awesome addition to the front of the border or patio containers. Easy to grow, it attracts bees and butterflies into the garden.
- Growing up to 16 in. tall and wide (40 cm), this perennial Garden Pink is quite hardy and sturdy.
- Extremely versatile, Dianthus plumarius is ideal for containers, beds, borders, cottage or city gardens. Perfect for edging or as a ground cover too! Makes superb and long-lasting cut flowers!
- Prefers sunny locations and enjoys rich, dry to moderately moist, well-drained soils. Prefers neutral to alkaline conditions.
- Deadhead to prolong flowering.
- Trim back lightly after flowering to encourage new growth. Protect the plant from excessive winter wet.