With an outstanding performance, even in hot and humid climates, English Rose 'Darcey Bussell' boasts masses of fully double, deep, rich crimson blooms, which add a charming tinge of mauve as time passes, making an attractive contrast with the bright yellow stamens. A prolific bloomer with a deliciously fruity fragrance, this small, bushy shrub rose is a fast grower that will thrive in a large container as well as in a perennial bed. A bouquet in a vase is nice, but a garden with this stunning rose will keep the romance at your door for months!
- Blooming from late spring until late summer, it is an excellent repeat bloomer that is highly reliable.
- Grows up to 3 feet tall (120 cm) and spreads 2 feet wide (60 cm). An excellent choice for the front of beds, borders, containers or as a flowering hedge. Spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of salvia, nepeta or lavender. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers.
- Best grown in full sun, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- Excellent resistance to disease.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- This lovely rose was named after the well acclaimed ballerina, who was appointed principal at the Royal Ballet at the age of 20.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.