Rich of a wonderful fruity fragrance, Rosa 'Jubilee Celebration' is an irresistible variety of English Rose which produces masses of beautiful, large (3.5 in. wide or 9 cm), fully double blossoms (41 petals) of an unusual color: rich salmon-pink with tints of gold on the petal undersides. The scent of the young flower is almost pure lemon zest, later becoming a delicious fruity rose fragrance with hints of fresh lemon and raspberry. One of the most fragrant English roses! Each bloom is elegantly held clear of the semi-glossy, dark green foliage on stout stems. Overall, a vigorous and healthy shrub rose that will provide months of color in the border.
- Blooming in flushes from late spring until frost, this Rose is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Vigorously growing up to 4 feet tall (120 cm) and spreading 4 feet wide (120 cm), it makes a good flowering hedge and is an excellent choice for beds and borders. Spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of salvia, nepeta or lavender.
- Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers.
- Best grown in full sun, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- This rose was named in commemoration of the Queen’s Golden Jubilee.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.