A modern and improved version of the old-time favorite 'Mrs Sinkins' introduced in 1863, Dianthus 'Memories' (Pink) is a lovely evergreen perennial with masses of highly scented, fully double, pure white flowers. Blooming in late spring through summer (with regular deadheading), the elegantly frilled blossoms rise on short, stout stems above a low cushion of grassy, blue-green leaves. Easy to grow, and perfect for adding a splash of color in the garden, this Garden Pink is an excellent addition to the sunny rock garden, fabulous in containers and a luminous edger at the front of the border.
'Memories' belongs to the award-winning Scent First® Series of Garden Pinks from Whetman Pinks, which are noted for their spicy fragrance, compact habit and long bloom season.
- Winner of multiple awards and accolades (Overall Best New Plant Introduction at the 2011 National Plant Show, 2nd best Plant of the Year at the 2012 Chelsea Flower Show).
- Grows up to 10-12 in. tall and wide (25-30 cm).
- Prefers full sun and enjoys neutral to alkaline, well-drained soils.
- Extremely versatile, this Dianthus is ideal for rock gardens, border fronts, garden edging or containers.
- Attracts bees and butterflies, but is ignored by deer and rabbits.
- Deadhead to prolong flowering. Trim lightly after flowering to maintain a tight, compact mound.