Heuchera 'Green Spice' is a lovely variety of Coral Bells with its foliage of lobed, rounded, long-petioled, dark gray-edged silver leaves with smooth and bright, burgundy veins. Their beauty is further extended into fall when they turn into warm, pumpkin-orange and red shades, adding a strong accent color to the landscape.
- In late spring to midsummer, panicles of small, bell-shaped, creamy-white flowers bloom on slender stems rising up to 24-28 in. (60-70 cm) above the semi-evergreen foliage. This Heuchera is prized by gardeners for its drought, heat and humidity tolerance.
- This clump-forming perennial forms basal mounds, up to 9 in. tall (22 cm) with a spread of 16 in. (40 cm). This sturdy performer is not only easy to grow, but also requires little maintenance and is pest and disease free!
- Performs best in part shade, in rich, humusy, medium moisture, well-drained soils. If grown in full sun, make sure the soil remains consistently moist or the foliage might decline. Thrives in dry shade, once established. It is attractive to butterflies and often ignored by deer.
- A spectacular addition to beds, borders, rock gardens, woodland gardens and is ideal as groundcover, edger along paths or in containers. Fabulous when planted in groups!
- Divide clumps in spring every 3-4 years.
- Remove stems of faded flowers to promote additional bloom. Apply winter mulch after the ground freezes to help prevent root heaving.