Strong, vigorous, with excellent basal branching, Rudbeckia hirta 'Cappuccino' is a compact biennial boasting large flowers, up to 4 in. wide (10 cm), in warm, festive shades of gold, orange and mahogany. Blooming profusely from early summer to frost, it provides weeks of eye-catching color. The flowers are produced in such quantities that they almost cover the bushy dark green foliage. An outstanding cut flower, its seed heads have good winter interest unless they are used in dried arrangements.
- Recipient of the Fleuroselect Gold Medal for its impressive garden performance and beauty
- Grows in upright clumps up to 18-20 in. tall (45-50 cm) and 14-16 in. wide (35-40 cm). May self seed and remain in the garden.
- Thrives in full sun in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Drought tolerant once established.
- Ridiculously easy to grow and largely trouble free, this rudbeckia is a great candidate for mixed borders, cutting gardens, or as an accent plant when planted in mass.
- Deer resistant, the flowers are attractive to pollinating insects, butterflies and birds.
- Remove and discard spent flowers to encourage extended blooming and prevent unwanted seedlings next season.
- Easily propagated by seed.