One of the most beautiful yellow English Roses and also one of the hardiest, award-winner David Austin Rose 'Charlotte' enjoys ravishingly beautiful, fully double blossoms, up to 5 in. wide (12 cm), rich of a very pleasant, medium-strong tea rose fragrance. Each bloom is packed with many petals (100 petals) and opens gradually from rounded buds to exquisite, cup-shaped blooms, in a lovely shade of soft butter yellow. Charlotte has an excellent green foliage and makes a most attractive rose shrub, making it ideal for the front of a border or mixed beds.
- Won the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society.
- Very free flowering and easy to grow, this rose blooms in flushes from late spring until frost and is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Vigorously growing in an upright compact bushy shrub, 3 - 6 ft tall and 3 - 5 ft across (90 - 150 cm), it can be trained as a climbing rose. Effective as a hedge (these rose bushes look stunning, when planted in a row!) or as an accent plant, it is also suited to containers. Excellent cut flowers!
- Best grown in full sun, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- The foliage of this English Rose is excellent, mid-green in color, and disease resistant (sometimes mildew and black-spot are a problem).
- Introduced in 1992, this rose has been named after one of David Austin’s grand-daughters.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.