Repeat-flowering and one of the most fragrant of all English Roses, 'The Generous Gardener' is a fabulous Rose which enjoys breathtakingly large, double flowers reminiscent of water lilies. Pale pink, they are deliciously fragrant, a mix of old rose, musk and myrrh, and are elegantly held on strong, arching thornless stems against the lovely green glossy foliage. Tall, bushy and well-branched, you may want to train this beauty as a climbing rose to let its scent hang beautifully in the air!
- Blooming in flushes from late spring until frost, this Rose is a good repeat bloomer.
- Grows up to 5 feet tall (150 cm) and spreads 4 feet wide (120 cm). An excellent choice for beds and borders. Spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of salvia, nepeta or lavender. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers. Ideal as free-blooming climber for walls, arbors, fences or other garden structures where it may reach up to 10 ft. (3 m).
- Highly popular, this lovely Rose won many prestigious awards including the Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Best grown in full sun or partial shade in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- Excellent resistance to disease.
- Introduced in 2002 by David Austin, this lovely rose has been named to mark the seventy-fifth anniversary of the National Gardens Scheme.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.