Repeat-flowering, Rosa 'James Galway' is a fabulous English Rose which produces large, double flowers, full of many neatly arranged petals. Warm pink at the heart and delicately shading to paler hues at the edges, the blossoms enjoy a medium old rose fragrance. Tough, trouble-free and versatile, this lovely rose may be grown in a superb, large shrub with long and slightly arching canes or as a short climber.
- Blooming in flushes from late spring until frost, this Rose is an excellent repeat bloomer.
- Grows up to 5 feet tall (150 cm) and spreads 4 feet wide (120 cm). An excellent choice for beds and borders. Spectacular when combined with the cool blue colors of salvia, nepeta or lavender. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Excellent cut flowers. Ideal as a short climber for walls, arbors, fences or other garden structures, this Rose may reach up to 8 ft. (240 cm).
- Best grown in full sun or partial shade, in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils.
- Excellent resistance to disease.
- Introduced in 2000 by David Austin, this lovely rose has been named in celebration of the 60th birthday of James Galway, the world famous flutist.
- David Austin’s English Roses combine the flower forms and perfume of Old Roses with the color range and repeat-flowering habits of modern roses. As Rose breeder, David Austin’s achievement is in marrying the romantic “English Rose” look with reliable garden performance, vigorous growth, full bushes, disease-resistance and prolific season-long bloom. Over 200 English Roses have been released since 1961, many of them receiving the highest rewards.