Fragrant, Lilium 'Brindisi' is a highly romantic-looking LA hybrid Lily that is full of charm with its upward-facing, soft pink flowers revealing a deeper pink throat. The pleasantly scented blossoms, up to 7 buds per stem, contrast nicely with the lance-like green foliage. LA Hybrid Liliums result from a cross between Asiatic and longiflorum lilies.
- Blooming in early-mid summer, this Lily constitutes an excellent border plant, providing striking color and contrast to the perennial border and mixes beautifully with annuals and other summer flowering bulbs. It is well suited to containers and the cutting garden as it makes excellent fresh cut flowers.
- Growing up to 3-4 ft tall (90-120 cm) and spreading 12-18 in. across (30-45 cm), it performs best in full sun or part shade and enjoys fairly fertile, well-drained soils. Good moisture is required and dry soils should be avoided!
- Reliable, easy to grow, beloved by bees and butterflies,
- Plant in spring or fall. Plant in groups of 3 bulbs at a minimum for a striking display! When flowering is over, cut back leaves and stems after they turn yellow.
- Toxic to cats (though not for dogs or any known species)
- This Lily is a member of the Other Hybrids Division (VIII) which includes all interdivisional hybrids, such as Longiflorum/Asiatic (LA) hybrids, Longiflorum/Oriental (LO) hybrids, Oriental/Asiatic (OA) hybrids and Oriental/Trumpet hybrids (Orienpets or OT hybrids). There are 9 different types of lilies classified by the Royal Horticultural Society. And they are all real eye-catchers!