A long-time favorite, Sedum spurium 'Dragon's Blood' (Stonecrop) is a mat-forming, evergreen perennial with fleshy, rounded, bright green leaves adorned with burgundy on the edges, deepening to bronze-red in summer before changing to brilliant red in fall. Sitting atop short stems, clusters of small, ruby-red, starry flowers appear in summer. Drought tolerant, 'Dragon's Blood' can withstand poor, dry soil conditions. Best when planted in groups or massed as a ground cover. A striking border or rock garden subject too!
- Grows up to 4-6 in. tall (10-15 cm) and 12-18 in. wide (30-45 cm).
- Best grown in full sun, in dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Tolerates some light shade.
- Perfect for rock gardens, containers, as a groundcover or edging plant.
- Virtually disease and pest free. Deer and rabbit resistant.
- Low maintenance, this Sedum forgives neglect!
- Propagate by division or by softwood cuttings of non-flowering shoots in early summer